Monday, December 2, 2013

Cutlery 'treasure' Chest

 
Such a Treasure.
An older cutlery chest turned into
something shabby chic, Id’ say.

This was my mom’s cutlery chest and it originally was a brown,
just brown with varnish.
I used Chalk Paint, not my own this time, with a clear wax
and a touch of dark wax.








I’m not too sure if I like the painted knobs, so they may be changed when I find the right ones.  While I believe the joy and craze with chalk paint is true, that you don’t have to sand or prep anything, and you can paint anything, I should have taken the knobs off and perhaps polished them up instead.


But still, she is beautiful and I just love that I got it done for this Christmas.  It looks great on the hutch from my mom-in-law. 
 ~Till next time.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...