Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Decor in 1954

Happy 60th Anniversary to my Mom & Dad!
 
 
MARCH, 60 years earlier and I wonder if my mom ever thought about décor when she was setting up her house when she was newly married.  I’ve never asked her what the style was in March of 1954.  I don’t ever remember her spending a lot of time changing curtains with the seasons, buying pillows or arranging flowers in a vase.  I do know she spent a lot of time sewing so I believe this was her passion.  I know she kept us girls clothed in dresses and she made blankets and aprons and I don’t remember all the things, but I remember the sewing machine was always open and there was material around it. 

Technology today sure plays a big role in showing and recording our passions.  If I could take a peek at a color photo of my mom & dad’s first home in 1954 or see a photo of mom holding a quilt she had sewn or sitting at the sewing machine, THAT would be awesome!  Then I wonder,  are we way off course today spending too much time DIYing.   There seems to be so MUCH stuff and ideas that we could get a little off course.  When I look at old family albums, I see photos of reunions and holidays all containing people.  People are what’s important and we need to remember them.  Maybe I should take more photos of my passion in décor with a live person in the shot so that it would make a better keepsake.  Can you image how much more meaningful our photos of DIY projects would be if we made sure there was a loved one captured sitting at the table we just re-finished.  I think I may concentrate on making this a goal for 2014. 
 
Now for a few pictures of my living room and the new colors for spring.
Thank You IKEA for a good start!

 
You’ll notice there aren’t any people in these photos so I’m going to try to be better at creating memories while photographing my passion for décor.

 







 








I don’t think I’m done with Spring in our home but It’s only March and we still have snow so just wait.
What colors are in your living room this Spring?

1 comments:

  1. Very well said.. alas if your going to put more live subjects in your pics... I had better get my hair done!!. And put on pants:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...