Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Journaling February 2017


~ Journaling February

Lots of ‘firsts’ happened this month for us and family.  Hopefully I haven’t missed anything.

Greg & I are surviving our first kidney transplant.  I keep thinking back to the days when doctors talked about a kidney transplant for Greg.  Now it’s been almost 2 months since surgery, January 4th.  I am doing really good and in fact I painted this last week and probably did a little too much.  It’s hard to think that I need to take it easy yet when I feel good.  The incision is a reminder though and so is the tingling and tenderness when I’ve done too much.  I’m heading back to work early March.  I will miss being at home.  My mom was a home body and I think I inherited the feeling from her.  Greg is doing so much better.  There’s a lot of meds that he has to take but the transplant team watches over his blood work twice a week and call if anything needs to be changed with the meds or his diet.  They can tell if he’s drinking enough water so I don’t need to nag about that anymore. We’re looking forward to walking a lot more when the weather turns to spring. 




 Craig had a new birthday.  Can’t believe how fast they are growing!  We are so proud of Craig and he couldn’t have chosen a better husband.  It’s a joy to see him working at the yoga studio and to join Dragon Boating again this year.  Craig and Luke often come for tea, they love to babysit their new nephew and they are always there when we need something.  Hoping all the best to Craig and Luke this year!





Dad spent his first Valentine’s Day alone.  I can’t imagine what any of this is like for him.  Well, that’s not true.  I know how I feel when Greg goes away on a trip or when he was in the hospital.  That was a lonely feeling.  So, to realize that this person is not around at all anymore to have coffee with or eat with, must be a very lonely feeling.  One that many elderly people feel.  So, I’m hoping he stays busy with his music and that he soon takes part in more and more activities.




Greg’s mom is living in Airdrie.  We visited her last night in her rented suite in Airdrie.  She is waiting for her condo to be completed, hopefully end of March.  Things really change sometimes.  It was hard for her to move away from the condo her and Lewis lived in, in Calgary.  But she is a strong lady and travels and drives with confidence.  It will be a good year having her close to us.  She says she can walk to our place and I believe she sure will!



Milo’s first tooth appeared.  We had brunch together last weekend and Milo was sporting a new front tooth.  It’s like one day it just popped out.  I think we still need to remind ourselves that this is real and that he is here to stay with us.  He is such a happy little guy and when he smiles, we all smile and act a little younger.  We’re looking forward to summer and I still need to buy a little wagon for him and train Gunner to pull it.



Milo’s first trip to Disney with Mom & Dad was a success!  Apparently he was just a little gem the whole time.  That’s not hard to believe.  Mom & Dad took lots of photos and they had a great time celebrating vacation time with Milo. 



Meeka’s been gone 1 year this month. He was such a good dog and we miss him.  We are often reminded of the things he did when we look and watch Gunner today.  Meeka was a great friend for Greg and such a companion for him at home.  It was heartbreaking for Greg to see him get sick so fast and leave us.  


Well, I hope this journal doesn’t sound too hasty but alas, It sort of was. 

The end of the month sneaks up so fast and then I scramble for news.

Have a good day and till next month . . . but in between, hopefully I'll have some home renovations to show you or something crafty.


~ Bonny

1 comments:

  1. wow this made me cry.. and I am in it.. well done hon..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...