Sunday, January 19, 2014

At Ends

 
I’m really going to miss these two beauties.  They ended up being the exact color I’ve been looking at adding to our living room.  I didn’t plan it that way, but now that they are done I’d love to keep them.  When you see the photos you’ll notice, just as I did, that they are too large for our space.
So, they are up for sale.
 
The process was too long for these two projects. 
If you’ve read the previous posts, it was because of
more important life events. 

Originally there was not going to be any distressing. 
Sometimes, I’m just not a fan and want to try NOT doing it. 
Well, these just weren’t looking so great.  Even my husband didn’t say much. 
So I dragged them back downstairs and sanded and added dark wax. 
Then I waited.  The next day I buffed, leaving some of the dark wax on. 
I loved the new look! 
Even the husband said they looked so much better with a little personality. 

Even if you’re not a fan of the distressed look, these have just enough
to work in your hoity-toity living room. 








Don’t you LOVE the vase on the end table? 
That was one of my Christmas gifts from my daughter. 
See, it would look so good together in our room. 
Ya, I tried that too on the hubby, but they are still too large. 
Better off in someone else’s rec room.



Time to stop being blue and get going on another project.
Have a good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...