Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Rock On'

 
Journaling about Life. 
 

 THAT is going to be my focus for blogging this year.  While furniture and accessories are pretty, they cannot replace family.  You cannot refurbish a loved one into something else. 
 
 
(Ok, so we all know there are those loved ones we’d like to put some varnish remover on, then sand down and finally add what we want for color and shine) 
 
 
We’re looking for realness, for honesty and for sharing.  That’s why we’re drawn to reality shows.  My life is a reality show too and yet no one is filming here in Morden – at my house.



YET these photos you’ll see of a simple Rocking Chair has a story behind it.

I once wrote a blog about our daughter and husband.  About their love for each other and adoption.  It’s been a long journey for them but they are so strong and I believe have grown stronger and closer together.  That doesn’t mean the tears haven't flowed.  I witnessed that myself and deep heartache for a little one that was to be welcomed into our family, all to fall to pieces in just a few moments.  Talk about life changing!

Then I deleted the blog and hate myself for it.  It was tastefully and wonderfully written, if I say so myself.  So never, never erase journaling life.  If it’s painful, put it away for a while.  Then over time, it will be a blessing to read how far you’ve come and what has changed in your life, and made you stronger.  Kind of like using stain remover on yourself and sanding and then applying a coat of finish.  Ahhh . . .

NOW for some pretty Rocking Chair photos. 

 

Starting at $10 from an ad online.






I painted it white because it’s clean and bright and would go in the baby room décor.

Not looking so great, it just wasn’t working for me. 

 

Blue or Graphite should I say.  Someday I’ll do one with the spindles a different color.


Ta-Da.  I love it and I hope they will love it too and put it to use A LOT!






Make sure you journal this week.

1 comments:

  1. We do love the rocking chair! I have sat in it when I needed to have a little sad time...but we are super excited to one day use it to rock a sweet baby. It is a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...