Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Dining Table for Two

 
Isn’t she gorgeous!
 
 
 
I just love the look of this table.

 
What started as a natural pine table turned into this soft shiny luxurious table that we’ll use as a dining table in our tiny rental home for 3 months.  Our gigantic dining table will be packed and stored for our new home in Alberta.

 
I started with a dark blue base coat of my own chalk paint mix.
Then I streaked it with Versailles chalk paint.  Wasn’t quite happy yet with the look so . . . I sanded, added more dark blue streaks, more Versailles streaks, more sanding.  THEN . . .
I knew it needed just a little something more, so I cut out a leaf stencil and painted this on ‘sloppily’ in the Versailles color.

 
Then the wax, and I ran out of clear wax so I had to use dark wax. This is what added the deep luxurious tone that absolutely love on this table.




 
That’s the fun part about taking a piece of furniture that isn’t going to break your bank account and just start playing.   Who knows what masterpiece you’ll create.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...